All Natural Organic Shampoo
Use all natural organic shampoo for a safe, healthy, environmentally friendly way to put your hair and scalp in their naturally healthy and beautiful state that may have been lost due to years of harsh treatment from traditional shampoos, conditioners, and hair care products!
There are many benefits of using a shampoo made of all natural organic natural ingredients, such as the cell regeneration properties of aloe vera leaf juice and the fact that natural organic shampoo is less likely to cause scalp irritations than shampoos made of synthetic ingredients
There are also some dangers and downsides of using traditional non natural shampoos, such as the potentially toxic chemicals that are being applied directly to your scalp on a daily basis
Did you know that most government regulations allow virtually any ingredient to be used in the manufacture of hair care products that we use every day? It's best to understand exactly what you are putting on your scalp and hair!
Some of the benefits of using our shampoo include:
- 100% all natural ingredients
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Environmentally friendly
- Never tested on animals
- Paraben, GMO, Sulfate, and Sodium Chloride free
- Works great, nourishes hair, and leaves it beautiful and healthy
Click here to view our all natural organic shampoo products or continue reading to learn more
Benefits of Using All Natural Organic Shampoo
Instead of using synthetic chemicals, all natural organic shampoo products gently infuse your hair follicles and skin cells with natural organic vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and essential oils that actually nourish your hair and skin and help you to have a healthy scalp and hair and a beautiful healthy shine
Ingredients used in many all natural organic shampoo products have specific benefits and here are some that you should know about:
- Aloe vera leaf juice - Aloe vera has healing, soothing, antibacterial and moisturizing properties. It is used to relieve burning, itching, minor cuts and first and second degree burns. Recent studies indicate that aloe vera has the ability to accelerate cell (basal keratinocyte) growth in the skin
- d-panthenol pro vitamin B5 - Panthenol is the provitamin of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). It improves the moisture-retention capacity of the skin and stimulates skin regeneration. Dry skin stays supple and elastic for longer. It has an anti-inflammatory and anti-itching effect. It makes hair easier to comb, reduces hair splitting, improves the condition of damaged hair, thickens the hair and provides sheen
- Horsetail extract - Horsetail herb is recommended by the herbalist Kneipp to heal tumours and cancer. It is an effective remedy for psoriasis, dandruff, eczema and similar skin conditions. It has also been praised for its ability to reduce swelling of the eyelids and heal wounds.
- Coco glucoside - Coco glucoside is a non-ionic surfactant (the shampoo foaming agent) synthesised from coconut and glucose. It has excellent dermatological compatibility. It is very mild on the skin. Based on the Duhring Chamber Test it has the lowest irritation score of all common surfactants tested. It is free from ethylene oxide, 1,4-dioxane, nitrosamines and preservatives, which are commonly found in mainstream surfactants (see below, under dangers)
- Yucca plant extract - Biochemical research has shown that natural saponins, like those found in Yucca, repair the damage to cell membranes of the skin and scalp that result in a loss of nutrients
- Avocado fruit oil - Unrefined Avocado oil, which is dark green in colour, contains vitamins A, B1, B2, Pantothenic acid and E as well as lecithin. It is excellent for dry and wrinkled skin and has outstanding regenerative properties and restructuring powers to keep skin moisturised and soft. It protects skin from drying and makes it more elastic
- Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract - The pure essential oil of this special type of Rosemary (from Corsica) is useful for acne and oily skin and is an excellent wound healer. It is also regenerating for mature skin, wrinkles and dry skin
- Lemon myrtle essential oil - The pure essential oil of Lemon Myrtle leaves and twigs is a potent antibacterial and antiseptic. It is excellent for acne conditions and oily skin
All natural organic shampoos help the environment by letting bio degradeable substances go down the drain instead of harsh chemicals
Our natural organic shampoos are produced and manufactured ethically and are never tested on animals
Natural organic shampoos are free of toxins and parabens and are naturally gentler on your hair, with no chemical residue left over after shampooing and rinsing your hair
With an all natural organic shampoo your hair and scalp will feel rejuvenated from the benefits of the natural vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and essential oils
Learn more about Miessence brand all natural organic shampoo, view our all natural organic shampoo products, or continue reading to learn about the dangers and downsides of traditional non natural shampoos
Dangers and Downsides of Traditional Non Natural Shampoos
Did you know that what you put on your skin is usually absorbed into your body? Sometimes more than half! With that being said, it's important to know what you are putting on your skin (scalp) each time you wash your hair!
As an informed consumer who cares about your body and our planet you need to know what chemicals are in the products that you are using
Here are some common ingredients found in non natural shampoos that are cause for concern. Check your shampoo or conditioner for any of the following chemicals
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is used as a foaming agent. It started as an industrial degreasant and garage floor cleanser. It is a harsh detergent and is known to be a skin irritant. It is easily absorbed into the body. These are known facts. There are also some reports of the following related to Sodiuim Lauryl Sulfate: eye development problems in children and cataracts in adults; since it is easily aobsorbed into the body it can build up in organs such as the liver, heart, and brain and cause major problems in these areas; Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is such as harsh cleaning agent that it can actually corrode the hair follicles and impair the hair's ability to grow. Debate is still out on these issues but many people feel that it is safer to avoid this chemical instead of risking issues later
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate - When combined with other chemicals, SLES and ALES can create nitrosamines, a potent class of carcinogens. It is frequently disguised in semi-natural cosmetics with the explanation "comes from coconut"
- Silicone derived emollients - Silicone emollients are occlusive - that is they coat the skin, trapping anything beneath it, and do not allow the skin to breathe (much like plastic wrap would do.) Recent studies have indicated that prolonged exposure of the skin to sweat, by occlusion, causes skin irritation. Some synthetic emollients are known tumour promoters and accumulate in the liver and lymph nodes. They are also non-biodegradable, causing negative environmental impact. Some names for silicone derived emolliants are Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, and Cyclomethicone
- Nitrosating Agents - The following chemicals can cause nitrosamine contamination, which has been determined to form cancer in laboratory animals. There are wide and repeated concerns in the USA and Europe about the contamination of cosmetics products with nitrosamines: 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, Cocoyl Sarcosine, DEA compounds, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Formaldehyde, Hydrolysed Animal Protein, Lauryl Sarcosine, MEA compounds, Quaternium-7, 15, 31, 60, etc, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, TEA compounds
- Paraben preservatives (methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl) - Used as inhibitors of microbial growth and to extend shelf life of products. Widely used even though they are known to be toxic. Have caused many allergic reactions and skin rashes. Highly toxic. From Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS): EMERGENCY overview: WARNING! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC SKIN REACTION. SKIN CONTACT: CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE REDNESS, ITCHING, AND PAIN. MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC SKIN REACTIONS. EYE CONTACT: CAUSES IRRITATION, REDNESS, AND PAIN.
- Quaternium-7, 15, 31, 60, etc - Toxic, causes skin rashes and allergic reactions. From Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS): SKIN: PROLONGED OR REPEATED EXPOSURE MAY CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION. MAY CAUSE MORE SEVERE RESPONSE IF SKIN IS DAMP. MAY BE A WEAK SKIN SENSITIZER IN SUSCEPTIBLE INDIVIDUALS AT GREATER THAN 1% IN AQUEOUS SOLUTION.
- Methylisothiazolinone and Methylchloroisothiazolinone - both cause cosmetic allergies
These chemicals are known to cause problems and we feel that it is safest to simply stay away from them and not take the risks associated with using them!
All natural organic shampoos should not contain any of these harmful chemicals. If your "natural" or "organic" shampoo contains these chemicals that should be a cause for concern!
Your hair (and body!) can receive the healthy nourishment from all natural organic vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and essential oils without the harmful chemicals listed above with Miessence all natural organic shampoo
Learn more about Miessence shampoo, or view all of our all natural organic shampoo products
Sign up for our weekly organic and healthy living newsletter and we'll send you a discount coupon code good for 10% off your order today! Use it to save on our all natural organic shampoo products or any of our other products!
Our newsletter is emailed once a week and it contains great information on organics and healthy living, product reviews, and sometimes special offers and discounts that are only available to our newletter subscribers
We value your privacy and we do not share your information. We hope you will enjoy our newsletter but, if it's not for you, we make it easy to cancel at any time
Just enter your email address and name below. You will receive an email with a link to click to confirm your subscription and you will receive the coupon code for 10% off your order today!